Mrs. Nancy Carreno
Phone: (305) 221-4452 x2115
Fax: (305) 220-6238
I am honored to be a part of the Royal Green Elementary Family. I have worked as a School Counselor in Dade County Public Schools since 1996. I have a Master’s in Education from the University of Miami. I speak Spanish and am married with 3 children.
I look forward to sharing all my experiences, knowledge, and energy to complete the goals of the Division of Student Services which are to assist students in the academic, personal/social, health, and career/community domains. I look forward to working with individual students, small groups of students, and entire classrooms as well as providing professional support to teachers, parents, and staff.
Your School Counselor…
- Assists parents and teachers in helping students
- Conducts classroom guidance activities
- Provides individual and small group counseling
- Coordinates school-wide guidance activities
- Consults with outside agencies
A student may see the counselor for…
- Study skills
- Friend problems
- New situations
- Difficult decisions
- School problems
- Success & accomplishments
- Family concerns
- Happy occasions
- Death or serious illness
- Any other area of concern
How does the student see the counselor?
- Teacher referral
- Administrative referral
- Parental referral
- Self-referral- leave a note in the School Counselor’s mailbox outside her office
- School Support Team / Staffing referral
When students receive the encouragement and assistance they deserve, they have no limit as to what they are able to accomplish!